Sunday, June 28, 2015

Baby Moon

 I apologize in advance for how many photos are in this post. Getting ready for Badger to come we have been sending Panda to visit my sister for longer and longer amounts of time. Saturday Bear and I took advantage of this rare time for the two of us to be alone together and escaped for a day trip Baby Moon to Lake Superior.
 There is a hidden treasure we found a few years back. This staircase, off of an unsuspecting road., known only to locals, and then not many...
Descends to a living breathing world of  green things and rushing water.
One can't resist dipping their toes into it. Feeling life rush , swirl, and dance around you.
While a few families were taking advantage of the easy to access rocks and water upstream, I found this grotto and stared longingly down. Bear was worried about my belly and the 20 foot drop nearly straight down; but eventually he had to smile, shake his head, and give in.
It was paradise. This secret grotto, all to myself.
So many beautiful reminders of loss and rebirth along the trail soothed my soul.
Nature whispered everywhere. Soothing songs from a language before words. We paused on the shores of Superior to wave to all our Canadian friends.
And found a few treasures. Bear has been searching for a holey rock for years.. We found three.
Amist all the relaxation and beauty nature had one more parting message blooming abundantly. Forget Me Nots... And with reverence and gratitude, I wont.
Shine on.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you my friend. This day sounds just wonderful, and full of some of those little pockets of joy. So happy to see you soaking up this time.

    Sending love and light. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, it was a much needed day of peace. Things are about to get bumpy and I will treasure this day.

      Delete
  2. I love it! So glad you were able to take the time away! That grotto is SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you so much for letting us slip away for the day. So happy Panda went easy on you.

      Delete
    2. You are welcome, as always. I am glad you were able to enjoy the day!

      Delete