Saturday, June 14, 2014

Chasing Rainbows

Dear Son,
If last week was all rain, than this week has been all rainbows. It usually works out that way. Sure there have been a few down moments, but we keep pushing forward. I wish I knew why you were so clingy right now. Up until now you have been fearless and bold, but lately you do not seem so sure of yourself and cry whenever I am not around. I think this is a phase. I hope this is a phase. It's ok and good to need me and you are so very young. Some people have mentioned that it is bad for you to be "Shy". Don't listen to them. One, you are not "Shy", you are introspective. You study everything before you make a move.
Two, "Shy" is a silly label. You don't need labels.. Especially at this age.
Three... Do I really need a three? 
You are who you are, and I love you just the way you are.. 
Chase your rainbows my son; however you see fit.
I love you. Shine on, 
Love, Mum~

2 comments:

  1. Love this photo! And I agree on the shy...it makes me cringe every time someone (usually a stranger) says that about my little man.

    Hope you are well, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It was a full weekend, but good. Take care.

      Delete