Monday, March 24, 2014

The Last Snowfalls

The last snowfalls of the season are here and I find myself savoring each and every last one. Yup, you heard me right, and I hope you will also savor them. I know it's been a long winter and everyone is ready to see Spring, but there is something so special about these last snowfalls. This morning when I woke up there was a beautiful, magical snowfall out my window. The snowflakes were all perfectly formed and drifting so slowly down that for a split moment you could actually see the crystal formations (for the ones close enough) as they fell. These are the quiet moments. The magical moments. The last of the winter hibernation. The world is holding its breath, and soon it will exhale and Spring will be here with color bursting everywhere. The outdoor activities will begin with refreshed vigor. Outdoor cookouts, sports, parks, biking... But for now the stillness still hangs in the air. Remember the joy of the first snowfall of the season? I'm feeling that right now. So please don't grumble about these last snowfalls; enjoy them. They will not come again until next winter. Savor the stillness.
Be well.

1 comment: