Friday, May 6, 2011

EDS Awareness Ribbons

Hello, it's Ehlers Danlos Awareness month. Ehlers Danlos is a connective tissue disorder. I was diagnosed when I was 6 years old. Pretty much everything in my health is affected by this. I'll be posting more about this in Fox and Bear's den later today, but for this post I'm going to talk about the awareness ribbons. They were incredibly hard to find this year so I decided to make my own. This works for any ribbon.

The EDS awareness ribbon is zebra print (it's also the ribbon for rare diseases). This year I was not able to find any thin zebra print ribbon, but I found this ribbon. The border was the size ribbon I wanted so I cut the edge off to create a thinner ribbon.


Next I used a lighter and ran it along the salvage side that I had just cut. This seals the ribbons edges giving it a finished look and prevents fraying. Go lightly and quickly.

When you are done loop the ribbon around and pin it to your shirt/hat/whatever with a stick pin or a safety pin. This is a good simple trick to know. Take care and Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment